Thursday, September 24, 2009

Great hamburger bun/bread

I've been looking for a really good bread for a long time, and last week I finally found exactly what I wanted. I wanted something really thin so it wouldn't be too many calories, it had to be whole grain, and it still needed to bring some fiber to the table. I also needed to find it reasonably priced and available in southern Illinois. So when I saw just that at Wal-mart last week I probably looked like I had just scored a game winning touchdown. The product I found was Arnold Select Sandwich thins.

Each "thin"/bun/roll is only 100 calories (that includes both sides). It's only a total of 21 carbs and five of those are fiber. It's also 100 percent whole wheat, which is a hugeplus. If you're the type of person that eats a decent amount of bread, replacing what you currently use would make a huge difference in your overall diet. Especially if you were eating regular old white bread before. I'm going to try to do various blogs about changes like this that people can make that will help a lot. In my personal experience it was much easier for me to make little changes gradually in my diet and fitness regimen. I think one of the problems people have is going with an all or nothing approach to losing weight or getting healthier and I think that leads to a lot of burnout. Implementing gradual lifestyle changes is the way to go in my opinion, so that's one of the things you can expect me to blog about in the future.

8 comments:

  1. hmm i hope we have that in canada tyler thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks this is a great post ive been looking to get healthier and doing it a big jump is scary but gradually adding things like this into my diet is great cant wait for more posts like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this brand about a month ago, and I'm sold as well. I'm glad to see it was a good choice, esp. since I'm trying to get the Hubs into wheat bread. I'm definitely interested in more of these sort of posts/tips. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tyler! I was wondering if you had any tips on "what to eat when you're eating out"

    I know there are very few menu choices, but somedays I really can't get around to cooking!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I starting eating the Arnold Multigrain bread but will be looking for these now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are my husband's favorite. We can't go to the store without picking them up. He uses them as buns with his turkey burgers. Like you, he too is a fitness fanatic with a wealth of knowledge he learned from reading books, magazines and articles on the web. Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. buy tamoxifen 10 mg online is used in both men and women to treat certain types of breast cancer. It also helps in minimizing the risk of developing breast cancer in women who are at higher risk of the disease. This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete